Just before Christmas when we were in a ‘don’t speak to us we are so busy’ phase we were given not one but two awards both from Mr Tim Neath artist extraordinary. We were going to blog about Tim anyway so its no hardship to point you in the direction of his blog. We have been following him since he was a student and not only is his work brilliant but his writings on the classic hollywood western are interesting too. Follow and support him now so you can be all hipster about it when he is famous and only rich can afford an original Neath!
In real life an award is followed by a celebration usually with a new tie and some alcohol but in the blogging world you have to do a whole load of things, have you noticed?
The Rules are as follows,
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.So for this awards we need to point you to tims blog and…..
Tim’s blog is here x
The 7 (brief) things about TheBigForest are:
- We were founded exactly a year ago (January 2012).
- Our blog is one year old too.
- We make wondrous goods to delight and thrill and there are lots more goods coming during 2013 including new greetings cards, illustrations, new animals and commissions
- There are few problems in TheBigForest hut that baking a loaf of bread, listening to Thomas Tallis or flying a kite (not in the hut, clearly) won’t solve.
- People are always surprised when the find out TheBigForest isn’t run by two women!
- Thinking of seven things is exhausting when you are not feeling in the mood
- Our vision is goods from TheBigForest in every house, hut and store across the world. We aim to be the Orly Kiely of bears. (The first bit is true and second bit is made up, much as we love Orly Kiely and designs from TheBigForest on bed linen and bags would be cool!)
And give the very inspiring blog award to 15 people so here goes (apologies to all the people we have missed):
Nice people doing brilliant things for designers makers in Brighton – whats not to like?
Because we love Stockholm and this blog captures a personal perspective on the spirit of the place.
Great guy, brilliant blog and more talented at photography than he thinks he is.
We love Ann’s blog – she is slightly mad in a totally good way and brilliantly creative.
We like R!ch’s work a lot.
Always a joy
We are so much not the target audience for this blog (we started following after a post on a mid 20th century house and we though it was an architecture blog!) but now we always check the posts because Antionette always looks fabulous,always writes well, seems to be great fun and makes reading about a slice of life in Delaware interesting.
One of the best blogs around – always inspiring and it looks beautiful too
Worth reading. Which is damn good thing for a blog!
Inspiring creative ideas
Bite sized creative inspiration
We love the work here – in fact is where my Christmas card from Benjamin came from and its now on the noticeboard in TheBigForest hut!
A high energy vintage blog
Because we are camper van crazy and this is a great blog about VW campers.
Phew. I’m gong to sit down in a darkened room now and you need to get checking out these brilliant blogs!